How to Apply for Smart Driving License as NTSA Announces Registration Dates
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) on Thursday, October 22 said that it had partnered with Huduma Kenya to provide a smooth process for Kenyans to apply for the new generation smart driving license.
NTSA says that the services will be available from October 24 across Huduma Centres in selected counties.
The services will be offered from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm in the below centres;
- GPO Nairobi (October 24)
2.Machakos (October 24)
3.Nakuru (October 24)
4.Kisii (October 24)
5.Kerugoya (October 24 & 25)
How to apply for the smart driving licence;
The first step is to have a TIMS account.
- If you don’t have an account; register one here using this link. Click on ‘Register’ to input your details and follow the process to complete registration.
- Make sure you click on ‘Subscribe SMS’ at the top right-hand side of your screen to receive a security code and other notifications.
- After you have registered, you can proceed to login into your account. Remember; When registering for an account, the ID Serial Number is NOT the same as your ID number.
- The serial number is printed opposite to the ID Number on your ID.
- Your Mother’s Maiden Name and KRA PIN will be required during registration.
- If you get a “The PIN doesn’t exist” error when you try to verify your KRA PIN, NTSA advises you to visit one of their offices near you for assistance.
For those with TIMS account, follow the process below using this link
Click on the ‘Login Method’ to choose whether to use the ID number, Alien ID number, or Diplomatic ID number for individuals and Username or Certificate of Incorporation for companies, followed by your password.
- Key in the pop-up security code sent to your mobile phone via SMS.
- Finally, click on the ‘Sign In’ button to log into the system.
- After logging in, navigate to the ‘Driving Licence’ tab on the top navigation bar.
- Click on the ‘Apply for Smart DL’ button.
- A new tab will be opened and you will be required to input your ID number, phone number, KRA PIN, and blood group to book for an appointment at the NTSA offices.
- You’ll also be required to pay Ksh3,050 to apply for a smart driving license valid for 3 years.
- Proceed to choose the date of appointment along with the date and time you would wish to reserve in order that an NTSA officer can confirm your details.
Available slots will be in white while those in red are already booked.
You can now complete your reservation and print the appointment slip.
On chosen day you must visit the NTSA office to verify your details on TIMS with an NTSA officer where your passport photo, signature, and fingerprints will be taken.
Upon completion of your process, you will be notified by SMS when your new driving license is ready for collection.