H.E AMB RICHARD OPEMBE HELD A MEETING WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF CENTUNION GROUP ON 14TH OCTOBER 2020
On 14th October 2020, H.E. Amb. Richard Opembe held a meeting with the leadership of Centunion Group including the chairman Mr. Javier Krahe Noblett and the Director General Mr. Felipe Canet. The company executives briefed on their activities in Kenya. H.E Amb. Opembe called on the company to expand their investments in Kenya and explore other areas they have competence in such as agribusiness. In attendance during the meeting were Mr. Alejandro Vidaurreta, the Business Development Manager , Mr. David Maina Kamau, Second Counselor and Mr. Kamau Githure, Commercial and Technical Assistant at the Embassy.
To all Kenyan Nationals resident in the Kingdom of Spain
Guidelines (revised) for importation of duty free vehicles by Kenya Residents returning from countries that operate left hand drive vehicles
In accordance with Section 247(b) of the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004, the Commissioner of Customs Services shall allow residents returning from countries operating left hand drive motor vehicles, to import a duty free right hand drive replacement vehicle from any other source subject to the following conditions:
- The person must be bona fide changing residence (permanently) from a place outside Kenya and not merely making a short visit back home.
- The returning resident must prove ownership and use of the previously owned left hand drive vehicle in the country of former residence for a period of at least one year, prior to his/her return.
- The returning resident must provide proof of disposal (transfer of ownership) of the previously owned left hand drive vehicle before changing residence from the former country of residence.
- The replacement vehicle must be of similar category with the previously owned left hand vehicle with regard to make, engine rating and year of manufacture.
- Both the previously owned left hand vehicle and the right hand replacement vehicle must not be any of the following categories:
- Bus or minibus of a seating capacity of more than 13 passengers.
- Load carrying vehicle of load carrying capacity exceeding two tonnes.
- The replacement vehicle must comply with the KEBS requirements of Legal Notice No. 78 of 15th July 2005 and KS1515:2000 Kenya Standard Code of Practice for inspection of Road Vehicles. In particular, the replacement vehicle:
- must be less than 8 years old from the year of first registration
- will be subject to roadworthiness inspection by KEBS´s appointed inspection agent in the country of export.
These guidelines shall only apply to residents returning from countries that operate left hand drive vehicles that had previously owned and used a left hand drive motor vehicle in the country of former residence
Embassy of Kenya in Spain
Calle Segre 13, 28002