Newton Njuguna Githiri 22
Suspect arrested in the sexual assault of a 7-year old child
A 22 year old suspect has been formally charged in the early Sunday sexual assault of a seven year old girl. The Hoover 911 Center received a call at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning from a resident at The Park at Galleria Apartments. The parents awoke when they heard a noise and discovered an intruder inside their apartment. The father fought with the suspect and was able to restrain him while the mother called police. Officers responded and took this individual into custody.
Officers then determined that the suspect had sexually assaulted the seven year old, prior to being discovered by the father. The suspect had entered the apartment through the second floor sliding door.
Detectives obtained arrests warrants on Monday at the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office. The suspect is charged as follows:
Newton Njuguna Githiri 22 years old Hoover, AL
• Burglary 2nd degree $500,000.00 Bond
• Attempted Sodomy 1st degree (victim less than 12) 500,000.00 Bond
• Attempted Sodomy 1st degree (forcible compulsion) 500,000.00 Bond
• Sexual Abuse of a Child less than 12 500,000.00 Bond
• Sexual Abuse 1st degree (forcible compulsion) 500,000.00 Bond
Total bond $2,500,000.00
Githiri was transferred from the Hoover City Jail to the Jefferson County Jail in Birmingham earlier today.
Hoover Police Department
Other Related News