WorldRemit expands in Ethiopia and Uganda Digital money transfer service launches new cash pick up services
London, Addis Ababa and Kampala – December 16, 2016: Digital money transfer service WorldRemit has launched new cash pick up services in Ethiopia and Uganda.
With the WorldRemit app or website, people in more than 50 countries can send instant, secure money transfers to more than 125 destinations. Known as the ‘WhatsApp of money’, WorldRemit makes sending a remittance as easy as sending an instant message.
WorldRemit customers can now send money to be collected as cash at any of the following locations:
- Any branch of Pride Microfinance, Diamond Trust Bank and Ugafode Microfinance in Uganda. For a detailed list of all pick up locations in Uganda please visit the WorldRemit website here – http://wrem.it/Qe
- Any branch of Abay Bank, Addis International Bank, Awash International Bank, Bank of Abyssinia, Buna International Bank, Cooperative Bank of Oromia, Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Dashen Bank, Debub Global Bank, Lion Internatinal Bank, NIB International Bank, Oromia International Bank, United Bank and Wegagen Bank in Ethiopia. For a detailed list of all pick up locations in Ethiopia please visit the WorldRemit website here – http://wrem.it/Qc
Ismail Ahmed, founder and CEO at WorldRemit, comments: “We want to give people the power to share money anytime, anywhere. Gone are the days of queuing in line at a high-street transfer shop and waiting several days for a money transfer to arrive – now WorldRemit customers can send money with just a few taps on their smartphone.
Our new cash pick up services in Ethiopia and Uganda will allow people in the diaspora to send money to be collected as cash at trusted, dependable financial brands back home.”
WorldRemit customers currently send over 500,000 transfers every month.
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money.
It’s easy – just open the app or visit the website – no more agents.
- Transfers to most countries are instant – send money like an instant message.
- More ways to receive (Mobile Money, bank transfer, cash pickup, and mobile airtime top-up).
- Available in over 50 countries and 125+ destinations.
- Backed by Accel Partners and TCV – investors in Facebook, Spotify, Netflix and Slack.
WorldRemit’s global headquarters are in London, UK with regional offices in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, the Philippines, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.