Equitel users warned of potential fraudster fraud attacks
Equitel users are being warned to be cautious of suspicious calls, texts or emails promising quick access to loans and other services.
Equity Bank has moved to reassure customers that its Equitel mobile platform is safe, reliable and secures personal data. As a cautionary measure Equitel is now offering tips to users to prevent them from being targets of fraudsters.
“As Equitel, we are committed to our services having data security, quality and reliability of service. We urge our customers to be careful and exercise due discretion in terms of their PINs. (It’s your secret).”
Advice on how to avoid this type of scam:
- You will only receive official calls from the following Equitel Numbers via 0763063000, 0763000000 or 0763063001.
- Texts will only be received from “Equity Bank” or “Equitel” and not any other numbers.
- Use an Equitel PIN that you can easily remember, but is not easy for others to guess. DON’T SHARE YOUR PIN WITH ANYONE, not even those working for/ at Equity Bank or Equitel. If you feel your PIN has been compromised, quickly change it.
- If you receive any SMS or call from somebody claiming to offer cheap loans or has sent you cash by mistake and it doesn’t originate from any of our official contacts, please forward the number and/or SMS to 333.
- Before clicking the “Send Money” button when transferring money, kindly check the name that appears or phone number to confirm and then send.