Nairobi County Police Commander Japheth Koome (pictured) said two men found dead in a house in Karen, Nairobi, on Saturday, June 25, 2016, may have died from inhaling carbon monoxide. FILE PHOTO | NATION MEDIA GROUP
Two die from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Karen, Nairobi
Two men were found dead in a house in Karen, Nairobi on Saturday.
They are thought to have inhaled carbon monoxide because police found a charcoal burner inside the house.
Nairobi police chief Japheth Koome identified them as “a chef and a cook”.
“The two were invited to the home owned by a businessman to cook because he expected to have guests.
“He offered to shelter them through the night at an adjacent house. He reported they started by boiling grains. He could hear them talking up to 4 am,” said Mr Koome.
The businessman, Mr Robert Ndung’u, found them dead at 6 am.
The incident happened at House No.40, West Wood Road.
Separately, police shot dead a man in Komarock estate.
Mr Koome said the man was part of a gang that had waylaid and robbed a resident.
The incident happened at 10 pm on Friday.
A pistol loaded with two rounds of ammunition and a sword were found at the scene.
“The gentleman was walking home from work. He was accosted by two men at gunpoint and they robbed him of money and a mobile phone. He raised an alarm and officers who were nearby responded.
They challenged the gangsters to surrender but one of them started shooting. “Our officers shot back,” said Mr Koome.