POLICE DEPARTMENT:Investigation Into Male Found Deceased At 49 San Jacinto Street,TX
Houston police are awaiting autopsy results in the death of a male found in the bayou at 49 San Jacinto Street about 12:45 p.m. on Saturday (August 29).
1. Geoffrey Chepkwony a young man from Bomet (Bomet Central) from single mother and came to the US with a greencard
2. He was suffering from mental problems and has been on and off medical attention.
3. Last seen on the 26th by former roommate and friend(Sam Mayaka).
4. Sam received a call on 1st September from medical examiner’s office after running fingerprints in database. Sam was listed as point of contact.
5. Sam received call from medical office today as to whether there are any plans or if they can dispose the body. He mentioned plans are underway but no update yet so examiners office holding body for a few more days.
6. The family at home has been notified as of this afternoon.
The identity and cause of death of the unknown black male are pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
HPD Homicide Division Sergeant R. Olive and Detective S. Sylvester reported:
Witnesses reported seeing a body in Buffalo Bayou near a bridge at the above address. The HPD Dive Team responded to the scene to recover the body. There were no signs of trauma found on the male and he had no identification in his possession.
The investigation is pending the male’s cause of death.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3280.