Video/Pics By Sam Mwaura/Samrack Media
Kenya -US Ambassador Robinson Githae on HUDUMA Number June 2019 Salem,New Hampshire
The outgoing Kenya -US Ambassador Robinson Githae clearly addressed the issue of the Huduma number stating that the Diaspora ‘Huduma Namba’ mass registration exercise commenced on 6th May 2019 and that the exercise will run for 45 days (6th May 2019 ‐ 19th June 2019).
He brushed off some social media reports that without the Huduma number you cannot be able to travel, without the Huduma number you cannot be able to marry or even send money and stated that is total nonsense.
He said the Huduma number is voluntary and for one to travel or send money you only need a valid passport and for sending money to your family you only need money in your bank account.
Ambassador Robinson Githae was speaking at a well attended CBA Commercial Bank of Africa Diaspora Customers appreciation dinner held at Tuscan Kitchen Salem, New Hampshire
He stated that the Huduma Namba registration is the first step in the development of a digital integrated database to enhance provision of Government services and national planning.
- The primary documents for registration are:
- Kenyan National Identity Card and Kenyan Passport for persons aged 18 and above
- Kenyan Birth Certificate and Passport for persons below 18 years of age
- Please present other relevant documents including Kenyan Driving licence, National Social Security Fund (NSSF) card, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) card, Kenya Revenue Authority PIN Certificate
- To commence the online registration process, please visit: https://diaspora.hudumanamba.go.ke
- Create an account using your First Name and Email Address;
- You will receive an email giving you a temporary password (Check your junk/spam mail in case youdo not see it in the main inbox);
- Log into the created account using the temporary password sent to the provided email;
- Fill in the registration form and submit;
- You will receive an email with the reference number and the registration document number;
- Please present yourself to the Kenya Embassy in Washington DC or Kenya Consulate in Los Angelesor Kenya Consulate in New York with the email and all the relevant original documents stated abovefor scanning and capturing of the biometrics and finalization of the registration process;
- Parents/Guardians may use their accounts to register Minors. Biometric data will not be capturedfor children under the age of 6 years;
- During the mass registration period, the Embassy will remain open for the purposes of this exerciseas follows on Mondays to Fridays ‐ 9:30 a.m. to 3.30 pm except on Public Holidays.
- For further information/clarification please contact the Consular Section through:Tel: +1(202)387‐6101 or email: <email@example.com
The Biometrics and document capture cannot be executed unless the applicant has completed the online application form and received the reference numbers.