How to check your Kenyan Credit History (C.R.B) Credit Reference Bureau
You can easily check your CRB status using your smartphone.Download App:TransUnion Nipashe app
A Credit Reference Bureau is an organisation that monitors the behavior of a lendee to enable lenders deal with non-performing loans and reduce the loan default risk.
There are several CRBs licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to collect, manage and share financial information. They include:
To check your CRB status on TransUnion:
- You first need to register by sending your full names to 21272. The SMS charges is sh. 19. To save on this money, download the TransUnion Nipashe app.
- You then enter your ID number
- Choose Credit Status
- You will receive your CRB status.
- If you receive good, it means you are not blacklisted while default means blacklisted.
To check your status on Metropol Corporation:
- First pay a registration fee of sh.50 through the paybill number 220388 then enter your ID number as the account number.
- You will get a SMS with a unique pin, a reference number and a special link
- Dial *433# and put your PIN and you will receive your CRB status. You can also visit the metropol website, Login and view you status.https://www.metropol.co.ke
To check your status on CreditInfo, first, visit at ke.creditinfo.com
1. Then fill an online credit request form that will enable you to get the certificate of clearance.
2. After this, the company will send a message to your email address showing the status.
3. You will get a certificate of clearance if you don’t have a negative of listing on your credit report. On the other hand, you will be given the credit status certificate if you have a negative of listing on your report.
There is also another simple method, and the procedure is not complex.
Just dial *433# and enter your personal identification number, then send the message.
You will receive your CRB information via SMS.
The likelihood of getting listed by CRB is very high if you default on a loan.