Aga Khan Hospital comes to the rescue of boy with coin stuck in his throat for weeks
A team of doctors at Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa have successfully removed a coin that was stuck in the throat of a three-and-a-half-year-old baby boy for two weeks.
The boy’s health was quickly deteriorating after he swallowed the coin while playing with his mates at school in Bamburi.
He had to live with the coin in his throat for lack of medical services in public hospitals after doctors went on strike on December 5, 2016.
But Friday morning, a paediatric gastroenterologists led a team of doctors in removing the coin that had caused agony to Samson Kaingu, who had difficulties feeding and excreting.
After the story was published by Nation.co.ke, Kenyans of goodwill from across the country and overseas, including private doctors, came forth and offered to ensure the child gets quick medical attention.READ MORE